BINTAN - AN INVESTMENT PARADISE
Treasure Bay Bintan offers many investment opportunities in the form of hotel villas, service residences and land. We invite developers, businesses and investors to be part of this one-of-a-kind integrated development that offers unrivalled opportunities.
- SIJORI (Singapore-Johor-Riau) growth triangle
Bintan is part of the Riau Archipelago, also known as Kepri. Riau is part of the economic zone known as the SIJORI (Singapore-Johor-Riau) growth triangle, where governments of Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia have arrangements for complementary developments. Within the SIJORI (Singapore-Johor-Riau) triangle there is a market of 32 million out of ASEAN’s 65 million tourist arrivals. Lagoi is the only Indonesian district enjoying the benefits from this programme.
- Investor friendly rules
This allows for easy investment policies and a more conductive environment for foreign investors. Special investor friendly rules such as reducing regulatory and other barriers in key areas such as investment, finance & banking, taxation, customs & excise, immigration, manpower and capability development along with better administration are in place to promote and bring in more investment to Bintan. The Singapore Tourism Board has also initiated a Twin Destination Promotion of Singapore and Bintan marketing campaigns.
- Exemption of tax and duties
Starting back from 1990, Singapore and Indonesia have signed several treaties and agreements to ensure the success of the Riau Archipelago in general and Bintan in particular to be transformed into a region of economic opportunities. Highlights of this process include: Exemption of Import and Export duties, Value Added Tax (VAT) and Sales tax on luxury goods.
- Upcoming tourist destination
Bintan is already a major tourist destination, attracting an estimated 553,000 visitors in 2015. By 2018 that number is projected to grow to one million. Due to its proximity Singapore, Bintan attracts a good spread of visitors from Singaporeans, China, Japan, Korea, India, Australia, UK and France. Most visitors that travelled to Bintan came via the international channel through Singapore. Singapore’s two major “Integrated Resort (IR)”, Marina Bay Sand and Resort World Sentosa had drawn 14 million visitors to Singapore.
- Bilateral trade
Singapore has been the top three foreign investors in Indonesia for the past few years, while Indonesia is the second largest trading partner for Singapore amongst ASEAN member countries. As Indonesia continues to attract investment globally, Singapore companies can tap into growing opportunities in sectors such as infrastructure, utilities and consumer goods and services. The Singapore Tourism Board has also initiated a Twin Destination Promotion of Singapore and Bintan marketing campaigns.
“Treasure Bay Bintan offers many investment opportunities on the form of hotel villas, service residences and land. We invite developers, businesses and investors to be part of this one-of-a-kind integrated development that offers unrivalled opportunities”
The Master Developer
Treasure Bay Bintan is wholly owned and developed by Landmarks Berhad (“Landmarks”). Listed on the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange since 1990, Landmarks is a hospitality investment company with a vision to be a leading player in the Southeast Asian lifestyle sector. Landmarks has extensive resort development experience through 20 years of developing and owning luxury hotels in Malaysia, and is a leading player in the Southeast Asian lifestyle sector. Current and Past luxury hotel projects that Landmarks have managed include The Datai, The Andaman and V Integrated Wellness Spa in Langkawi, and Carcosa Seri Negara in Kuala Lumpur. For more information, please visit www.landmarks.com.my.
Treasure Bay Bintan is an integrated waterfront development located on the Indonesian island of Bintan. The 338-hectare destination resort is an intermingling of wellness, leisure, retail, dining, residential and commercial concepts. The entire development is a farsighted 20 year masterplan that is supported by long-term strategies to catalyse appreciation on real estate values.
Treasure Bay Bintan will be developed in 3 phases and will offer a wide range of products accessible through various price points adding value to the growing number of investors to the region.
Parts of Phase one development were launched officially in September 2015 which currently includes:
- The Canopi Resort - The 40 tent hotel
- The Patio Bar and Restaurant
- Crystal Lagoon
- Chill Cove - The vibrant and exhilarating social hub surrounding the lagoon. Spanning over 90 hectares, this entertainment-centric mixed area will feature international and boutique hotel brands., eateries, retail and restaurant.
- Mercure Bintan Resort - Sales will open soon
- Ibis Budget Hotel
- Chiva-Som Bintan - Asia’s first internationally acclaimed, multi-award winning, health resort that will house a 70 room wellness hotel, a wellness centre and 34 luxury villa estates. Sales for private villas will begin end 2016. Marine Park - The 1.5 hectare lagoon is currently under construction. When opened, it will house more than 70 species of marine life that will provide additional activities and entertainment to guests. Additionally, it is also an outreach platform for educational, conservation and research activities for individuals, to actively participate in the habitat enhancement efforts
Available in Phase 2 and on-going at the moment in Treasure Bay Bintan are many investment advantages including a comprehensive and growing partnerships with top developers and hospitality brands. The Master Developer will work closely with sub-developers to in creating a world-class resort within a construction time frame that is commercially feasible and not disruptive.
- Development Plots - available now. Plans call for an impressive variety of building types and architectural styles, in line with the mater developer’s positioning of creating iconic landscapes
- Serviced Residences - Catering to a high and upper-medium end visitors and buyers, each lot will be allowed its own architectural theme and design
- Private Mangrove Park
- Organic Farm - currently in progress, this is in line with the developer’s mission to integrate wellness by providing healthier eating option to guests and residents in Treasure Bay. Here, visitors will learn and participate in organic farming and also enjoy “farm to table” dining.
- Town Centre
- Sports Complex
- Education campus
- Retail, Residences & Executive Housing
The project will be built on a parcel-by-parcel basis. The Master Developer is committed to deliver the entire infrastructure and provide facility management services. A design and development guide will provide sub-developers with assistance in creating a world-class resort that is consistent and tasteful, falling within the positioning and branding of Treasure Bay Bintan.
For inquiries and more information on property investment please contact [email protected]
For inquiries on investor relations, please contact [email protected]